If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
- The 10 Commandments
- These are not suggestions they are commands.
1. I am the Lord your God: you shall not have
strange gods before me. You shall not make
for yourself a graven image. Don’t Love
anything above God. Give adoration,
prayers and sacrifice. Don’t waste ones life
searching for happiness through idols (stuff).
(Mt 4:10, 22:36-38; Mk 7:22)
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord
your God in vain. No saying “oh my God…” or
blasphemy, cursing and perjury,
(Mt 5:33-37; Acts 19:13-17; Col. 3:17; Mt 22:36-38 )
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabith (Lord’s Day).
The Lord’s Day is Sunday since Christ
rose from the dead on Sunday. God wants
us to go to church to give Him praise.
(Mk 2:27-28; Heb 4:9; Mt 22:36-38)
4. Honor your father and mother. No matter
how young or old your parents are or how
good or bad your parents are, you need to
show due respect and care for them.
(Mt 15:4-6, 19:19, 1 Cor 4:14-17; Eph 6:1-3;
5. You shall not kill. No killing person born or unborn, young of old. God has everyone alive for a reason. We must trust in Him. No anger or unforgiveness toward another (Mt 5:21; Eph 4:31; Mt 22:39-40; Rom 13;9, Exodus 23;7, Mt 15;19)
6. You shall not commit adultery. Chasity in marriage; no fornication (unmarried sex), masturbation, homosexuality, pornography, prostitution, or contraception (preventing God from creating life). (Mt 19;18; Mk 7;22, Eph 5:3-4; Mt 22:39-40; Rom 13;9)
7. You shall not steal. No taking what hasn't been given to you. No tax-evasion, copyright infringement, etc. or injustices against employees or employer. No attempting to get something for free or reduced price against the stores policies. (Mt 19:18; Mk 7:21; Eph 4:28; Mt 22:39-40; Rom 13;9)
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. No lying, deception, gossip, rash judgments, violation of secrets or exaggerating. (Mt 5;33, 19:16; Eph 4:28; Mt 22:39-40; Rom 13;9)
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You need to love your wife (spouse), forgive her/his faults, and not desire the spouse of another or have sexual thoughts or fantasies about another person's spouse.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods. You should be filled with gratitude for what you have and happy for your neighbors blessings too. No jealousy, greed or materialism. (Mt. 6:21, 19:18; Mk 7:22)